Friday, 25 November 2016
Compare and contrast map
Something I found interesting is that unlike New Zealand Australia didn't have a treaty with the aboriginal people.
Something that I'd like to learn more about is they way the Aboriginals lived before they were taken away.
Posted by Unknown at 14:57
This term we have been learning all about the Marae. We have learned that…….
- The Marae is an important focal point for the community.
- The Marae is a place where tradition and customs can be carried out.
- The Marae is a place where people can express their values with dignity.
- There are many kawa ( protocols) that prevail on the marae.
- Marae kawa (protocols) can differ between maraes and iwi.
We have focussed on some key concepts when doing this learning.These are listed and explained in the table below.
give the meaning of these concepts in your own words.
Maori culture or customs.
A welcoming ceremony
The local people linked to the Marae
Guests to the Marae.
Our connections to the marae.
To house guests.
Love and care.
See this video for an explanation of the roles and responsibilities of people on a marae.
Posted by Unknown at 12:35